The Covid-19 pandemic is affecting every facet of our lives. Maritime London, with the support of its members, is engaging closely with the UK Government to ensure it understands how shipping markets and the sector is responding to the crisis, and will continue to play this important role in partnership with the other Maritime UK associations. To this affect Lord Mountevans, Chairman of Maritime London spoke with and sent a letter to the Secretary of State and Minister for Maritime, please use this link to see the letter in full.
Please get in touch with us if you are experiencing any operational difficulties – it is vital that we hear from Members and feed this information into government.
For the duration of this pandemic Maritime London will be running a series of webinars focusing on the impact the Covid-19 outbreak is having on the maritime professional sector and the wider industry.
Overview of relevant UK Government Covid-19 Support
- a Statutory Sick Pay relief package for SMEs
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
Relevant websites offering information and support
The first port of call for advice and support is gov.uk for individual businesses.
- The British Business Bank Loan Interruption scheme
- Information on the Bank of England response
- BEIS (Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy) is adding additional resource to their Business Support Helpline so businesses in England can speak directly to an advisor (Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have their own equivalent services in place). To speak to an advisor call 0300 456 3565.
- HMRC has launched a tax helpline to help businesses concerned about paying their taxes due to COVID-19. To speak to someone, call 0800 0159 559.
- Companies House has produced guidance if coronavirus COVID-19 has affected your company and you need more time to file your accounts.
- The City of London has published advice for firms operating in the Square Mile
Read the latest updates from our Members on the situation here.