Funded by companies and organisations from a wide range of disciplines, Maritime London works to ensure that the UK remains a world-beating location to base maritime related business and to conduct maritime trade.
Maritime London’s vision is to maintain and enhance the UK’s primacy as the world’s leading provider of maritime professional services.
Maritime London’sraison d’être is to:
- Inform members of the latest relevant developments within government and the market
- Provide a vehicle to convene and discuss issues pertinent to the industry
- Promote the unparalleled expertise and capacity that exists on the London market
- Ultimately act as an advocate in relevant fora on behalf of the membership and the wider sector.
What we do:
- Maritime London works with members, showcasing their knowledge and expertise to demonstrate the strength of the UK maritime professional services offer.
- Maritime London works closely with leading maritime clusters, promoting the UK’s professional services and attracting shipping and cargo interests to the UK. Maritime London hosts delegations in the UK from our overseas partners.
- Through seminars, conferences and working groups, Maritime London develops thought leadership within the sector to facilitate dialogue, best practice and innovation within our membership and with international partners.
- Maritime London organises regular networking events, lunches and dinners for our members and the wider maritime community.
- Through regular engagement with the UK Government, Maritime London represents the interests of our members, working to ensure a regulatory framework exists in the UK for the maritime business service sector the thrive and coordinates ‘The UK Government Maritime Services Forum’.
- Through Maritime London’s fortnightly e-zine ‘London Matters’, our website and on social media channels we showcase our members and wider news from the sector.
- As a founding member of Maritime UK, an umbrella body comprising of UK-based maritime membership organisations, Maritime London represents the interests of maritime professional services as part of the wider UK maritime cluster.
Membership of Maritime London is open to any company, organisation or individual that is able to demonstrate support for the UK’s maritime services sector on a global basis.
The Board of Directors is elected by and drawn from the diverse membership giving Maritime London its direction. This is augmented by two member only meetings each year where suggestions and ideas for the future are received.
We work closely with the following organisations:
- Department for Transport (DfT)– the department responsible for the stewardship over the maritime sector in the UK.
- Department for International Trade (DIT) – is a government agency which works with UK-based businesses to ensure their success in international markets by promoting and financing international trade and investment, and championing free trade.
- TheCityUK – Whose purpose is to promote the competitiveness of UK financial services to make the UK the best place in the world to establish and grow a financial services business and, in turn, to maximise the sector’s contribution to the UK.
- City of London – Providing local government services for the financial and commercial heart of Britain, the ‘Square Mile’. It is committed to supporting and promoting ‘The City’ as the world leader in international finance and business services facilitating contracts with overseas jurisdictions, for example the Chinese powerhouse.
- Maritime UK – The collective voice for the UK’s maritime industries. We champion and work to enable a thriving maritime sector.
- Greek Shipping Cooperation Committee (GSCC)
- Shipping Professional Network London (SPNL)
Maritime London works internationally with: