The Gibraltar Port Authority’s strategy is to build on Gibraltar’s unique geographical position and provide a vital link between all shipping stakeholders in order to deliver the best possible service to visiting ships in a safe and efficient operating environment.
All operational matters including navigational safety and the smooth running of the Port are overseen by the CEO and Captain of the Port.
The Port Authority’s main functions are:
- Monitoring and control of all vessel movements in British Gibraltar Territorial Waters in support of port operations and navigational safety;
- Provision and monitoring of port security including provision of security controls within restricted and controlled zones;
- The licensing of Port operations;
- Search and Rescue in BGTW;
- Pollution prevention and response;
- Monitoring and control of ship-to-ship and bunkering operations within BGTW.