Posted on: 13th October 2015
BMT Designers & Planners, Inc. (BMT), an operating company of BMT Group Ltd, the leading international design, engineering and risk management consultancy, has announced that it has won a three-year contract to support the US Navy’s environmental and conservation programs.
The contract was awarded by the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Indian Head Division to provide technical and analytical support for Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Laboratory Quality and Accreditation Office (LQAO) and affiliated agencies.
Over a three-year period, the contract has a ceiling of about $5,700,000. BMT expects to work on 40-50 projects over the course of the new contract.
This contract will cover management and technical support tasks in matters concerning the US Navy environmental and conservation programs. During the course of the contract, BMT will work on projects in the following areas: development of information systems, annual program plan development, environmental audits, review of emerging environmental regulations, training plans and aids, development of environmental media plans and Navy instructions, annual Navy environmental budget process reviews, and environmental project reviews.
Initial projects on this contract include:
· Technical assistance and laboratory oversight and accreditation support for LQAO
· Working group support for the DoD Environmental Data Quality Workgroup
· EPRWeb program management and Information Assurance support
· Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act and Toxic Release Inventory support
· Analytical and programmatic support for Commander, Navy Installations Command, Pacific Fleet and Naval Ordnance Safety & Security Activity.
Kai Skvarla, Managing Director of BMT Designers and Planners Inc said “BMT is proud to have been awarded this new contract so that we can continue our quality service to the Navy’s Environmental Readiness Division.”