Bureau Veritas was founded in 1828 to serve the Marine industry. Today, BV has expanded in to a world leader in laboratory testing, inspection and certification services offering its clients innovative solutions in order to ensure that their assets, products, infrastructure and processes meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
In the Maritime & Offshore fields, the objectives are to improve and maintain standards of safety, security, quality and protection of the environment.
Its missions consist of:
• Classification of ships and offshore units: 11,000 ships and offshore units of all types, all size and all flags for 105 m grt were classed at its register (at mid-March 2015);
• Certification and issuance of statutory certificates on behalf of more than 150 Government and Flag authorities;
• Technical assistance services and consulting providing by its subsidiary Tecnitas;
• Marine Warranty & Loss Adjusting providing by its subsidiary MatthewsDaniel;
• Training services in the technical and regulatory field.
BV has a consistent global network of 2,500 highly qualified marine surveyors specialised in the implementation of safety, security, protection of environment rules and standards.